2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
150 grams mushroom, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon cornflour
500 ml low fat evaporated milk
200 grams lean bacon (shortcut), cut into strips
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan.
2. Trim bacon of any visible fat.
3. Brown onions, bacon and mushroom until soft.
4. Add garlic and saute´ for a minute, then add 400 ml of the evaporated milk.
5. Make a smooth paste with the remaining milk and cornflour. Add this to the mixture, stirring continuously. Allow the sauce to thicken.
Serve over pasta and sprinkled liberally with parsley accompanied by a green salad.
|Nutritional Composition per serve:
||Nutrtional composition with pasta (83 grams raw weight) per serve:
|Energy: 850kJ Calories: 200Calories
||Energy: 2030kJ Calories: 480Calories
|Protein: 21 grams
||Protein: 31 grams
|Fat: 5 grams Saturated fat: 2.5 grams
||Fat: 6 grams Saturated fat: 2.5 grams
|Carbohydrate: 18 grams
||Carbohydrate: 75 grams